Bob Lockhart: Interviewed
In preparing for this 2014 solo exhibition, I took on the task of studying and researching extensively and exclusively the images and ideas surrounding the specific artists and times on the list below in an effort to comprehend them.
From this my own meager thoughts about these works and how they apply to my current practice guided me in the creation of works that you see here.
- George Braque and Pablo Picasso: early Cubist works, 1909-1912
- Amedeo Modigliani: human forms
- Paul Klee: life's work using minimal line and color
- Marc Chagall: brilliance in composition and color knowledge
- Vasily Kandinski: paintings and drawings, 1907-1912
This is the best I can do at the moment, but I'm still practicing in the hope that during my lifetime, onemight be decent.